Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Beat The Heat Vacation!
I promise I am not a prissy princess (maybe just a little) but when the temperature soared above 100 and the humidity was in the upper 80's I began to complain a little (okay a lot). As it got hotter and hotter I began to feel a little like the wicked witch of the west when Dorothy throws a bucket of water on her. . ."I'm melting, I'm melting." I suppose I might have acted a little like the wicked witch of the west too. . .what can I say, something about the heat brings out my beastly side. After the first night of sweaty, crying, dehydrated girls I told Scott that we had to either take the savings money and buy an air conditioner or go to a hotel. Of course, every store for miles was out of air conditioners and people were actually selling them in the parking lot for like $600, can you say rip off . . .so we went to the local hotel and took a mini vacation thanks to Scott's smooth talking, deal making ways! It was so relaxing and I cranked that thermostat down to 65 just so we'd make the most of the coolness before we had to return to the dungeon of deadly heat! I informed Scott that in our dreamy dream life of the future I require air conditioning because unfortunately I am a little bit of a princess, but in my pampered favor princesses are quite delightful to be around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment