
We took Avonleah to Children's Hospital yesterday for a day of tests and more tests to see where we stood in terms of needing the surgery for her V.U.R. or not. We've been holding off for 3 years and keeping her on antibiotics with the slim hope that her body might developmentally grow out of this condition and/or just give her time to get a little older before she had a surgery. After our scare in June and July with an antibiotic resistant UTI we had to schedule this appointment and make some decisions. When she went in for her VCUG test the doctors were amazed . . .she is completely healed, there is no sign whatsoever of V.U.R. in her kidneys! They said there is just a small percentage of kids this happens to and we were really blessed to have Avonleah fall in that category! It just reminds me that even when everything around me can be trial ridden and hard, the Lord is watching over us and blessing us with everything that we need. We are so grateful for all your prayers and love.

Avonleah trying to smile as she finally can stand up by her car wheelchair after coming out of sedation, nothing slows that girl down for long!
7 comments:
Yea, congratulations! That is quite a miracle. I am so glad she dosen't have to go through surgery. When are you due with the new baby? Do you want a boy or girl?
Kalisa
That is FANTASTIC!! We have had a similar type of miracle with Cortnee's eyes a little ways back- like you said, when other things seem to falling apart or really challenging, these amazing miracles can re-set our overall perspective! You guys are awesome,
Heidi
Amazing! With everything that has been going on in your family lately...
My mom told me to check out your blog. I'm glad that I did. I love good news! Congrats on the baby too. Another little miracle no doubt.
Please tell Scotty that I love him and hope that he is keeping his head up. :)
Becky
Seriously awesome! I am so glad that she is better and no surgery! Way to go Avonleah.
Kayrena,
Hi there! I was blogsurfing and came across your blog--to my surprise and excitement, it appears that you only live a short while away. Your little Avonleah is beautiful!! If you get a chance, you'll have to drop me an email...I would enjoy having a hometown friend.
Michelle (Birdno) Schott
michelle.schott@gmail.com
Great lesson today & great news about Avonleah. What a blessing in all of your lives. It is 1:20 am & I just finished working on some more information for enrichment on Thursday. So, I thought I would check in with you & see what was new on your blog. Really though, I thought you did an excellent job teaching today. Are you sure you don't want your old calling back? You left some pretty big shoes to fill. Take care & have a good week.
HOORAY!!!
Post a Comment