Friday, October 3, 2008

Maris Farms 2008




Whoever said being a mother get easier once the infant stage is over has never braved a preschool field trip with 26, yes 26 children. Add Seattle rain, mud, tractor rides, pumpkin patches, and sleep deprived parents pushing younger sibling in strollers and you have the perfect recipe to remind you just how delightful that helpless infant stage really is! Of course they always include a corn maze in your admission so if your child is being extra difficult you can "accidently" let them wander to the left while you turn right! Actually the day was really fun and despite the pouty face of our little princess above (she was upset that her legs weren't long enough to pedal the tractors for the tractor races) she had a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Stretching Dollars said...

great new look to your blog! you are getting better and better each day! you smart one! I'm sorry to have missed Maris farm, I chicken out when I saw the rain, it sounds like most everyone was a trooper! aren't you glad we have activities like this in our ward?

Erica Shurter said...

looks like fun! 26 children, that brings back memories! Glad I'm not the teacher anymore! :) Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

pouty face or not...she is still just as cute, and you are so good to go along! You look great!

curly girl said...

I know! I said to Adrienne, who had Anika in a front pack, "Things We Never Would Have Done With Our First Baby!" Sorry, baby #2, #3...you're going along whether you want to or not! It was a memorable day, and I'm so glad Scott was there to gallantly save the day on so many occasions (stroller lifting, golf-ball retrieving, pumpkin cleaning)...