Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

My favorite time of year is finally here! I await December with all the smells of pine trees, cinnamon, wassail, gingerbread delightfully mixed with the sounds of Christmas Classics like a child anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus. I absolutely turn into a Christmas Pollyanna of sorts thinking that during this time of year nothing can go wrong, that everyone is focused on giving and cooking and sharing and of course I can't seem to get over the delightful smells and perfect music (except for Baby it's Cold Outside and Last Christmas). I actually let Avonleah set up our mini tree a little earlier than usual this year (two days before Thanksgiving) and Scott finally succumbed and let me turn on the endless barrage of Christmas Music at that same time! We have had so much fun reading stories and scriptures at night by the blinking lights of the Christmas Tree and laughing as Avonleah learns the words to the Christmas songs and often adds her own twist (Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle by the way, oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse broken sleigh!). We also had an amazing surprise this week as a package arrived from Grandma and Papa with a variation on the 12 days of Christmas. It was full of things that will strengthen our families and help us spend more quality moments together while enjoying the beginning of the beautiful season! I treasure the family togetherness this time of year fosters and the attitudes of service, love and giving the erupt out of people, it reminds me that the world is full of good things despite all the turmoil we may be facing personally and as a nation.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

So cute! I love the first picture of Avonleah. She looks so sweet. Of course the one of her smiling is adorable as well. I just wanted to check in on you to make sure all is well. Have a good week Kayrena! Talk to you soon.