

It is a strange and wonderful thing that happens within families when life altering surprises erupt like an elementary school baking soda volcano science project gone terribly awry! We are currently enjoying the aftershocks of one such surprise. From the deserts of Iraq
Darron surprised us with the announcement that not only were he and
Loryn engaged, but in fact they had gotten MARRIED before he deployed!! Perhaps
clandestine wedding are safe from shock in other families but in true
Rohrer fashion we stewed and fussed and spent too much time calling each other on the phone attempting to wrap our minds around the fact that our "little
Darron" didn't invite all of us sisters to his marriage. It is hard to fathom that after all the sandwiches and cookies and foot rubs we delivered to his pampered self as the brother surrounded by 4 loving sisters, that he left us out of such a pivotal event (wink wink). Then we accepted that
Loryn probably did a better job at all those things that we ever could hope to, so we "put on our boots" and began to welcome our newest family member who is now dealing with the reality of being a newlywed with a husband in Iraq. Congratulations to
Darron and
Loryn! And for the record there is supposed to be a reception WHEN he comes home, because he is definitely coming home safe and sound from Iraq. And I hope that despite your personal feelings on the war that you will send your love and support to the brave young men and women like Sergeant
Darron Rohrer serving so bravely in Iraq, throughout the world and here in America.
3 comments:
Hey sis, well Congrats! you have a new sister..by the way, your family is HOTT..bunch of hotties..but yeah, I enjoy reading your entries, I love it..I'm addicted to your blog, so write often..I love ya, and maybe I'll see ya tomorrow, didnt make it to HAM radio, bad achy toothie, and my family had other plans for mothers day weekend..I LOVE YOU
Rene... glad to hear that the Rohrers are right on the "normal" wave length of abnormality! Shocking as it may be it must feel right to him. My prayers are with you and with him. What a handsome dude!
Rene...congrats to darron and his sweet new wife! We must trust each others own desicions as sometimes there are things we do not know. My prayers are with Loryn and also with "D". I love you All !!!!
Post a Comment