Monday, April 28, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite!


Mary Poppins says that some promises are "pie crust promises, easily made, easily broken." Promising Avonleah that we could fly a kite this month was NOT a pie crust promise, at least not in her eyes. I kept telling her it was too cold, too rainy, too snowy, not windy enough, etc. etc hoping I could avoid the drama and running and wind required for perfect kite flying adventures . . .and then today I ran out of excuses. It was a beautiful day aside from the fact that there was NO WIND. . . but who needs wind when mom and dad have legs that run really fast?! Needless to say she had a lot of time to do a little "vogueing" while Scott tried frantically to get the darn thing to fly even a little and I stood back laughing at the whole scene and then rushing her quickly over to Scott so she could hold onto the string for the small nano-second the kite stayed adrift! She loved it and since she's only three we still look like cool parents with cool tricks up our sleeves because she has nothing to compare us to . . .YET.

1 comment:

Team Richardson said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time..it was so nice kicking it w/ya'll yesterday..we really do love and enjoy the 3 of you, and consider ya'll family..I hope you know that..and I miss you when we dont talk..I love ya, and know that I'm always here! Chao