Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tulip Town


As expected with every family trip there are ups and downs, directionally dysfunctional moments, weather surprises and of course little moments of magic sprinkled throughout. On our way to Mt. Vernon, mother nature graced us with a barrage of snow and hail, followed by sighs of "I told you this was going to be a bad idea" coming from the driver, and at that moment, I resolved that no amount of snow was going to stop me from seeing those tulip fields because I NEEDED THIS VACATION and the thought of cutting it short was nowhere on my well planned itinerary. Surprisingly on Saturday morning, I was overcome by some spirit of optimism that if you know me is not normal, in fact Scott has been known to call me a bit of a ”pessimist" to which I argue is not pessimism but is merely realistic thinking. Watching my eager attempts to get us up and on the road caused Scott no small amount of anxiety worrying whether or not I had taken my medication or perhaps I had taken too much or too little, I mean you never can tell with crazies like me, he tiptoed around for awhile wondering whether under the facade of optimism an angry realist would lash out irrationally at him if provoked. But, after an hour of driving through beautiful farm land and quaint little towns, the clouds parted, the sun touched the tulip fields and we had a few hours of beautiful weather. . .And as much as Scott wants to say that he hates going to The Tulip Festival, I think the pictures speak for themselves.



4 comments:

curly girl said...

I wondered where you were! I love the tulip festival! We used to live in Lynnwood, and it was a lot closer to go to Mt Vernon back then! I am so glad you had some breaks from this crazy weather. I bet you had it mostly to yourselves! See how much better that is?!

Sonda Bryce said...

Tulips are my fave! Such beautiful pics and an even more beautiful little girl! Love you!

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

again, amazing and fun and wonderful and well, yes, a couple award winners. somebody actually has a good eye . . . with that camera . . .

Jensons said...

Oh, I miss the tulip festival, it is a hassle to get there, but always worth it. Your hair looks really cute by the way Kayreena!
Kalisa