
Scott surprised me with a Mom and Me Pedicure date for Mother's Day, so Saturday we pampered ourselves. Just as soon as I would sit back and get the massaging chair just right and get my feet all engulfed in the bubbly blue water Avonleah would need to go potty or needed me to hold her for "just a minute" or needed to ask me a question . . .it was all really hilarious and little more on the stressful than relaxing side. Then when it came time to pick nail polish colors she of course chose "BLACK" to which I outright lied that it was all gone and just for display because I could just see how cute that was going to look for church on Sunday. . so of course her next choice was this dark blue/purple color and I politely bowed out of the competition and let the girl have her way! She looks so happy and spoiled just sitting there . . .it was a fun adventure and in the moments of reflection I realize that Mother's Day really isn't about me, rather it's about the beautiful child that God has blessed me with . . .it's about undertaking the grand task of attempting to nurture and raise another human being into a better human than I could ever hope to be. My Avonleah is my greatest gift on Mother's Day. And for those of you who are wondering if Scott ever made up for the Valentine's Day fiasco . . .when I woke up on Mother's Day I jokingly commented, "aren't you supposed to be getting me breakfast in bed or something?" His reply consisted of chocolate truffles and diet coke . . . now that's romance! The pictures are bad quality because we snapped them with Scott's camera phone.
1 comment:
How CUTE..what a nice Hubby!
Post a Comment