Near the end of our stay in Utah we took the kids to the pool in my parent's neighborhood. My kids just aren't swimmers, we've tried lesson and everything but they are just fearful and if I attempt to help them in the water they start screaming bloody murder like I'm so creepster trying to drown or abduct them. It's so ridiculous. But things worked out pretty good in the beautiful hot sunshine of Utah.
With the help of floaties Avonleah finally jumped off the side of the pool (only after some random girl pushed her off the side because she was taking too long to decide whether to jump in or not) and let go of her fear and paddled around. I was so proud of her!
Mostly Adelaide sat on the step looking cute and splashing around. . .about 30 minutes into the swimming fun I notice her practicing swimming with this random lady. . .my first thought was "oh my goodness she will swim with a stranger but not me, what does that say about me?" and my next thought, which probably should have been my first thought, was, "ummmm who is the crazy stranger danger lady helping my daughter swim?" Luckily my mom informed me the lady was her friend from church and was amazing and blah blah blah. . .I don't like her because somehow she got Adelaide off the step and into the water. *tears of jealousy* Actually I thanked her profusely for showing Adelaide she could do it! She was a swimming instructor magician!
When we got back to Grandma's house Abigail figured out that she could ride the stryder bike too and boy did she feel big and important. She's so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment