Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mouth Surgery


Let's just put it out there that I may have been bullied a bit in elementary and middle school about my "monster mouth" referring to my teeth not my verbiage!  Because of this I spend many horrible years in retainers and braces and expanders to get the beautiful non-monster mouth that I now possess.  Unfortunately I passed on the monster mouth gene to my poor little Avonleah only she also got the added special bonus of not possessing certain adult teeth. . like they just aren't there.  Because of that we have had to do some early intervening to help get her mouth ready to shift around a bit so no one will hopefully notice she is missing two of her adult teeth.  And so many hundreds of dollars were spent and she underwent another surgery/tooth extraction in May.  I love how in the bottom picture she's still a little loopy.  Nothing quite beats the goofiness of a child still a little anesthesia drunk after surgery . . poor thing!  Someday she will thank me and luckily for her she doesn't go to public school so she doesn't even know that she has my "monster mouth!"

No comments: