Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Mother Daughter Night!
What an amazing thing it is to take your children out individually and spend one on one time with them. You get to see them in a whole new light and they are so thrilled with the undivided attention that they often say and do so amazingly crazy things. Avonleah's Actiity Day group hosted a Mother/Daughter Spa Night and boy oh boy did we have fun. Of course nothing could deter Avonleah from being the first to brave the chocolate face mask or see how many different colors of nail polish she could get on my hands. She was just so excited for everything and she is such a social butterfly, I was cracking up just watching her flit and float around having conversations with everyone in the room. She is such a delight. My favorite part of the night was the photo shoot (sadly I don't have a picture from this yet) but all the moms were being all poo-poo about getting their photos taken with their daughters because they were too fat, or had no makeup (it was spa night) and so Avonelah looked at me and said, "it's okay you don't have to get your picture taken." That moment I had the opportunity to show her that none of that stuff matters and that she and I were beautiful just by being together. So I scooped her up and dipped her down while she was holding on to my neck and laughing and they snapped a picture of us! She kept telling me how much fun she had. I guess sometimes I'm not doing such a bad job at this parenting. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment