Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Avonleah Is Nine Years Old!!!






 A day or so before Avonleah's birthday I asked her what her expectations for her birthday were . . .perhaps I should have thought a little harder before asking her of all my children what her "expectations" were.  She told me she wanted chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and with white icing I needed to write "Happy Birthday Avonleah" in cursive making sure to capitalize the H and the B and the A.  Then she said we would have a piñata and we would play Monopoly.  Ummmm wow, a piñata huh. . .Well I tried to make it super fun and meet those expectation even though I knew she'd be just fine if I didn't I just really wanted to surprise her with something special since often her birthday is overshadowed by Christmas Eve celebrations.  So despite the fact that our piñata was the worlds hardest to crack piñata we had a ton of fun.  And thank goodness I was smart enough to set a 1 hour time limit on the Monopoly game or we would still be playing today.  It did end with a bit of a bruhahah because Adelaide was adamant that she didn't want to pay rent on Boardwalk because she didn't want to stay there in the first place . . .*facepalm*.  Of course it ended with opening of her present that included 2 new books and a book light! 
I'm so happy to have this amazing 9 year old, she is so delightful and such a joy to have in our family.  Happy Birthday my sweet girl!!


No comments: