Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Only Fair is in Puyallup!
Every single time my girls protest and say that something isn't fair I tell them that "the only fair is in Puyallup!" We happened upon free tickets to go to the fair this year and so we got super brave and faced the crowds and craziness that is county fairs and took the girls. We had so much fun just seeing hundreds and hundreds of animals. The girls especially loved the brand new (day old) piglets, I think we spent 20 minutes just looking at them and laughing. There was a great section where they got to work on an old school style farm so that was great since it went along with our Little House in the Big Woods literature studies.
Scott grew up spending days and days at the fair with his family and getting to ride all the rides and enjoy all the food and and and. . . I just told him "ain't nobody got time for that!" The fair is definitely not my favorite thing but it was fun to let the girls see all the animals and experience Scott's childhood favorite treat "scones." Now coming from Arizona "scones" were actually Indian Fry Bread with honey and butter on them, but here in Washington "scones" are these dry biscuit type things that they smear with raspberry jam. They are really good but I don't think they beat out Arizona scones!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment