Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ewwww Gross!





Something has happened to me.  Since I have become an adult I have become increasingly squeamish.  I can change a baby's diaper and clean up throw up, but I can hardly kill a spider or hold a worm.  So it was quite the great cover-up to act all scientific and calm when it came to dissecting owl pellets for Science class.  Look at Adelaide's face as I am explaining that she has to act like a scientist and not be weirded out but instead just say, "hmm this is interesting!"  We just finished our study of birds and so this was a perfect ending assignment.  The girls wanted to wait until Scott got home from work because they thought he would think it was so cool.  So we spent an hour dissecting owl pellets. . .for those of you who don't know what these are, they are the the regurgitated fur and bones left over from an owls' meals.  Blech blech blech. . .gag. . .yuck!  But it turned out to be a major hit and look at all the amazing rodent bones we found! 

No comments: