Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Adelaide and Sadie!
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret . . .I hate parks, especially parks with swings. Why, you might ask? Because I'm a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mother who dreads pushing children on swings over and over and over while constantly chasing the other two, climbing up slides to get scared children to get brave enough to slide down, and constantly checking and watching and counting each child while scanning for those creepy creepers who troll parks for kids. It is like an anxiety attack just thinking about it. Over the years I have gotten better but most of the time I just want to say no no no no no when they ask to go to the park. I have found a few parks that contain awesome enough equipment that it almost makes them bearable. This one park has a climbing wall, no wood chips, a bike trail that is viewable from all areas, and so much more. I love it!
So the other day I met my dear friend Heather at this park so that her daughter Sadie and Adelaide could have a play date. They have missed each other since we moved and so it was a perfect excuse to just hang out and have fun. Abigail was really quite the daredevil and I didn't get a lot of chatting time in because she was climbing up slides, trying to get on the merry-go-round and was determined to ride the scooter. . .wow! I am so in trouble with that little bundle of energy. Needless to say it was a fun afternoon and as always I come back refreshed after talking to Heather, she always has such wisdom to share and I love learning from her life experiences. I really look up to her and I admire her strength as she bravely faces life without one of her dear little children here on earth anymore. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment