Friday, April 5, 2013
Here Comes Peter Cottontail
I forgot to make it very clear that no one could be up before 6 am on Easter Saturday. By no one I mean Avonleah of course since she cannot stay in bed to save her life. . .and because of that very bad, bad parenting oversight, I was awakened at midnight by a bouncing excited little bunny of a girl telling me that she heard the Easter Bunny hopping around. . .since I'd been in bed all of 20 minutes I informed her that the sound she heard was not the Easter Bunny but the dryer and she should go back to bed . . .IMMEDIATELY. By this time of course she had awakened Adelaide who climbed in the middle of our bed and then over the course of the next 5 hours Avonleah came in and out of our room a gajillion times to find out if I heard EB yet or not. I believe that at some point I may have exasperatedly told her to "zip it, lock it, toss it in her pocket . . FOREVER" and I also may have threatened to cancel Easter entirely next year if she didn't get in her bed and get out of my room. . .and finally at 4:00 am I handed her the book "Jesus the Christ" and told her to sit at the bottom of my bed and read it hoping the complexity of it would silence her and get her to go to sleep. . .it didn't, instead she kept asking me what words meant, uggh *facepalm* needless to say by 5 am I was FINISHED trying to get her to sleep (is Tylenol pm legal for 8 year olds?) and we all just got up at 5 am (except cutie Abigail all snuggled in my bed) and went hunting for eggs! The girls were so excited to find all 50 eggs and were doubly excited to see they had gotten some candy, some books to read and some coloring/painting books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment