When I was a little girl we always got to wear white hats with coordinating ribbons tied around them and those awesome little white gloves on Easter Sunday, I remember really liking this tradition until I was about 7 or 8 and then I got embarrassingly mortified after that, knowing that I had to match ALL MY SISTERS and WEAR A HAT (sorry about that mom). I'm not entirely sure why we don't do that anymore but I still love getting my girls a new spring dress and I make them try on all the cute hats at the store just for fun! Avonleah and Adelaide had cute dresses from the Daddy Daughter ball this year, so I had to just get one for Abigail as she continues to outgrow everything in her drawers every two weeks!! I tried to get a family picture but church starts at 9 am and just getting there on time is all we have time to focus on so I snapped a quick one in front of the church before we walked in.. .thus I am not in it *yeah* After church we got to go and have Easter Dinner with our dearest friends and the girls' adopted grandparents who always so graciously open their home and their hearts to our family. After a scrumptious dinner Grandpa B had hid eggs all over the property and the girls got to go on a genuine sunny Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun. It was such a wonderful day to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ and really talk with the girls about the significance of this event. As we watched the conclusion of the Bible movie that has been playing on the History Channel I was telling them how sad I felt as they were crucifying Jesus and Adelaide says, "but mom it's happy because he's going to be resurrected and then we all get to live with Him!" I love the innocence and complete faith of children, it's as if they don't question one single bit that Jesus lives, that he is waiting for them to return to him. My testimony of Jesus Christ is strengthened every day as I recognize how his atonement encompasses every facet of my life. We also have decided that Avonleah could win us loads of money if there were ever a Bible Jeopardy show. She corrected every wrong word or sequence of events or historical reference in the Bible movie over the past 5 weeks and we have laughed and been awed by how well this girl knows her stories of the Bible. She is always surprising us with her diverse and vast knowledge, what a delightful little person she is for our family.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Happy Easter!
When I was a little girl we always got to wear white hats with coordinating ribbons tied around them and those awesome little white gloves on Easter Sunday, I remember really liking this tradition until I was about 7 or 8 and then I got embarrassingly mortified after that, knowing that I had to match ALL MY SISTERS and WEAR A HAT (sorry about that mom). I'm not entirely sure why we don't do that anymore but I still love getting my girls a new spring dress and I make them try on all the cute hats at the store just for fun! Avonleah and Adelaide had cute dresses from the Daddy Daughter ball this year, so I had to just get one for Abigail as she continues to outgrow everything in her drawers every two weeks!! I tried to get a family picture but church starts at 9 am and just getting there on time is all we have time to focus on so I snapped a quick one in front of the church before we walked in.. .thus I am not in it *yeah* After church we got to go and have Easter Dinner with our dearest friends and the girls' adopted grandparents who always so graciously open their home and their hearts to our family. After a scrumptious dinner Grandpa B had hid eggs all over the property and the girls got to go on a genuine sunny Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun. It was such a wonderful day to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ and really talk with the girls about the significance of this event. As we watched the conclusion of the Bible movie that has been playing on the History Channel I was telling them how sad I felt as they were crucifying Jesus and Adelaide says, "but mom it's happy because he's going to be resurrected and then we all get to live with Him!" I love the innocence and complete faith of children, it's as if they don't question one single bit that Jesus lives, that he is waiting for them to return to him. My testimony of Jesus Christ is strengthened every day as I recognize how his atonement encompasses every facet of my life. We also have decided that Avonleah could win us loads of money if there were ever a Bible Jeopardy show. She corrected every wrong word or sequence of events or historical reference in the Bible movie over the past 5 weeks and we have laughed and been awed by how well this girl knows her stories of the Bible. She is always surprising us with her diverse and vast knowledge, what a delightful little person she is for our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment