Santa was especially good to Avonleah this year even though she kind of suspected she might be on the naughty list right up until Christmas Eve. Luckily Santa emailed her a video and showed her his book of all her amazing things she did right this year and although she needed to try harder in some areas promised her she was on his nice list and that she'd be getting something "she'd wanted for a very long time!" So after 3 years of asking for an American Girl Doll she really did get one this year! And she was doubly excited to receive all 7 Harry Potter books from Uncle D. She's waited a whole year to read books 4-7 because I thought they just seemed too old and scary for her but after all the reading she's done this year and her immense patience waiting for Harry Potter I think she may be holed up in her room until school starts again . . .Hallelujah *smirk*!
Aunt Ethnee (who still insists we not call her "aunt") sent these amazing sparkly boots for both girls and some darling pajamas with turtles on them for Abigail! Adelaide got her very own Ipad . . .ha ha just kidding . . .ya'll about had a judgy heart attack thinking I bought my 3 year old her own Ipad *facepalm* but she really did ask for that . .instead she got her very own Leappad and a Dream Lite penguin which is darling toy but definitely does not help any child sleep. I mean hooray that they are no longer scared of being in the dark but now she spends an hour playing with her dream light instead of sleeping!
And Merry Christmas to us all . . . little cutie Abigail whom Scott has nicknamed "Punkin" started cooing and talking and almost laughing during the last couple weeks! She is so fun to talk to when she has her moments of feeling ok!
It was a super fun day filled with lots of playing games (try the card game "Blink" . . .it's super fun!), lots of yummy treats, a little Xbox fun and lots of reading. In fact I think I finally gave my kids "real food" at 5:00 pm but I figured oranges from their stocking and scramble and cookies were awesome breakfast and lunch!
And because I'm a super cool hipster mom I got some magnetic nail polish! If you haven't tried this out then please do . . .it was so much fun to do with the girls and turned out really cool! Yeah science and beauty coming together for a cool moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment