Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve Disasters and Miracles

It seems like every single year my poor Avonleah is sick at Christmas time and on her birthday and since I've been a sleep deprived, horrible excuse for a mother I failed to notice just how sick she was until we were sitting in church on Sunday and she looked over at me and said she was freezing and she had these like huge dark circles under her eyes and a runny nose.  I'm terrible I know but I immediately thought, "uh huh sure you are, you're just trying to ditch out on church. . .ummm maybe I could you that as an excuse to go home and take a nap too" so I reached over and she was literally burning up with fever. . .so we spent Monday morning, Christmas Eve, at an emergency doctors appointment for her and my poor whiny Abigail.  Come to find out Avonleah had . . .wait for it. . .bronchitis, a sinus infection, an infection of her lymph glands, and impetigo.   I am a horrible excuse for a parent I know, I have spent the last couple weeks trying to figure out why my baby won't stop crying and praying she'll just sleep more than 15 minutes at a time, that I forgot to really pay attention to my oldest.  In my defense, which I know I need since you're all juding me with judgy judger eyes, Avonleah does not act sick like most children, she merely gets a little more calm, she goes to bed a little earlier, and sleeps a little later, and she's just all around a little quieter. . .all of which we kind of breathe a sigh of relief at because normally she's just so much energy and zest.  So I missed all the signs and I stink I know. . I'm a stinkerbelle as my niece Violette says.  After Avonleah's appointment I finally got a doctor to see Abigail and prescribe some medicine to hopefully help with her reflux only to find out that every pharmacy in town did not have any.  After a LONG time we found a pharmacy that happened to have a partial dose in stock, we convinced them to give it to us and now we are waiting for the results.  I will say that Abigail did sleep for a whole two hours straight last night, and she's smiling and cooing too, so we may have found a solution

No comments: