Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nativity With a Twist

 We were on our own for Christmas this year which presented not only a degree of loneliness but a whole set of problems when it came to our traditional Christmas Eve Nativity.  I was particularly bummed out because I actually would have gotten to play Mary this year since I had a baby.  Normally Emmalene gets to because she has a baby like every year so it's really an unfair advantage she has and I end up playing like a shepherd or a wise man *smirk*!  But since we were here in our own little home making our own new memories and traditions we decided to  have the girls dress up like their favorite character in the nativity and then using our little people nativity set they "acted out" the nativity by placing the characters as we read about them in Bible.  Of course in true Betts fashion there were a few glitches. . .Avonleah decided to be a cross between Mary and an Angel so she wore a fancy blue dress and Adelaide was adamant that Tigger was in the Nativity *facepalm*.  So instead of ruining the warm fuzzy feeling of our Christmas Eve I bucked the system and let them wear and be whatever they wanted and we gloried in the birth of our Savior.  I love Christmas especially because Christmas is a feeling of renewal, a time of peace and happiness, a time to reflect on the birth of a tiny King who made it possible for me to experience all life has to offer and makes up for my weaknesses.  I am so blessed to know the truths I know and to be surrounded by a loving family.  Christmas Eve is my favorite part of the whole Christmas season.

No comments: