Sunday, January 6, 2013
Two Months . . .Whew
You have to admit she's delightfully darling, right? Enough so, that you want to take a little nibble of those gloriously chubby cheeks and plumpy lips! I'm head over heels about this little person but I'm going to admit that the daily struggles of surviving a reflux baby make me want to poke my eyes out and fall on the floor and throw a toddler worthy tantrum some days. She is really good at crying, it's like her favorite thing and she is working on perfecting it with the tenacity of a olympic athlete. Sure she's cute but let's just be straight up and admit that she'd be a lot cuter if she'd sleep a little more. I mean for reals, the girl only sleeps great under two conditions, and by "great" I mean like a whole 2 hour stretch(that's not a lot to ask right). . .One, we are in the church building . . . something about the overly warm temperature, the semi musty smell and ridiculously loud hallways full of a bazillion chatty children make this child snuggle right down for a long winter's nap. Everyone at church is all, "oh you have such a dreamy baby, she sleeps so good" and I want to respond by reaching out and slapping their face and spitting at them because I've reverted to toddler behavior in my sleep deprived state. The other time she sleeps is . . .now if your squeamish about babies and breastfeeding please stop reading now because yes I'm going there *MCHAF(McCaulay Culkin Home Alone Face* When her meds kick in for the whole 1 hour they relieve her symptoms she wants to eat and eat and eat and eat and I become a permanent fixture on the sofa as she drinks the last remaining morsel of energy out of me. I've gotten extremely good at breastfeeding and eating and drinking and working the remotes and texting and crying all at the same time!
Here's my "P.S." for those who have taken the above paragraph too seriously and think I dislike my baby and need professional intervention. Tomorrow we have another doctors appointment and I know I joke about wanting to poke my eyes out but she is just so uncomfortable and I feel terrible for the little sweet girl. . .hopefully we will find a solution that will help her feel good because when she feels good she is so delightfully happy and smiley and even tries to "talk." I'm so blessed for this little person in my home, I would deal with reflux for another year if I had too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment