Thursday, October 4, 2012

We Now Drive a MiniVan

Remember when you were young and idealistic and promised each other that no matter how many kids you had that you would never, I mean never ever ever succumb to temptation and buy a minivan?  You promised each other you would be the "cool" family driving "cool family cars."  Well although we have never really been against the idea of a minivan we haven't really needed to make the jump to a bigger car since two car seats fit fine in our little car.  We did some experimenting with car seats when we found out our little girl number three was on the way and found out that the only way three car seats fit in a small car is if Scott stands on one side of the car and I stand on the other and we simultaneously shut the back seat doors, smooshing the three kids in there and hoping it holds to our destination!  So we've been saving up and searching and finally on Saturday we did it!  We became the proud owner of a Honda Odyssey and I must say that all the bad rap that minivans get in very undeserving.  This van is awesome and roomy, it has leather seats and a DVD player, it has secret storage compartments and a back up camera on the rearview mirror.  And I love love love that my family can fit, along with a stroller and groceries and some friends.  We of course are blessed to have Scott negotiating for us because I swear my husband can work amazing deals with sales people. . .we stayed right in budget and got a way nicer van than we were expecting so I'm feeling pretty darn good about our latest addition to the family!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Congrats! I was completely with you on the whole mini van thing, but I have to admit as well, they are the most practical cars ever when you have kids! LOVE all of the room they have. Your van looks so nice. Miss you!