Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Can I just point out that I am the worst birthday celebrater this year.  For whatever reason I could not get my brain in gear and get a plan put together for my dear sweetie's birthday.  I know I'm terrible, I'll be the first to admit it.  Luckily his birthday fell in the middle of a terribly crazy work week for him so I suggested we should postpone the celebrating until the weekend hoping to buy myself some time.  Well Saturday came and I . . .wasn't ready at all.  Luckily the Sister Missionaries showed up and wanted to do some service so they made him some reeses peanut butter bars (from a box that also included the pan. . see how horrible I am), and did his Saturday chores for him!  So we celebrated with 36 candles and yummy pb and chocolate and some diet dr. pepper!  Thank goodness the girls and I picked up a manly movie for him earlier in the week so we wrapped it in . . .a Target bag . . .and sang Happy Birthday.  I promise publicly that I will do a much better job next year of celebrating this great man who does so many things for our family and is doing amazing things in his personal life and career life.  I'm so proud to be his friend and wife.  Happy Birthday Scott! 

No comments: