Saturday, January 7, 2012

She's SEVEN!!

 Avonleah wanted a "Black Stallion" Birthday themed party.  Without thinking I was like, "sure, that'll be fun"  Let me just warn you that Googling "Black Stallion Party" will not result in anything appropriate for a seven year old Birthday Party, or any party . . .ahem *facepalm*. . .so after that little mishap I told her we would just be having a little celebration with cousins and we'd put horses on the cupcakes. . .oh boy, be careful what you promise!
 She's grown up so much this year . . .she's changed in so many ways and is such a delightful girl to be around, there's never a dull moment with her, phew, can't believe we've all survived her exuberance for EVERYTHING in life ha ha!

 Cousins Ellie, Avonleah, Elauna and Ella
 Elivea and Adelaide licking the frosting off their cupcakes!  They'd lick off all the frosting and then throw the cupcake away and ask for another, it took a few before we realized they weren't even eating the cupcake part!
 Look at the awesome "horse shirt" she discovered at Goodwill . . ha! best 50 cents ever spent!
 Conley hanging with all the girls!
Thrilled with her necklace and pencil sharpener from the Rohrer Family.

Happy Birthday Avonleah, I'm so proud of you and here's some of my favorite things about you this year.
  1. Through all the hard experiences this year I have seen you find joy in even the smallest things.  You have had hope and faith during the bleakest times and your laughter has lifted our family.  Your "sparkle magic" did indeed soften and heal hearts and we are so blessed to have you in our family.
  2. I love finding you reading in a million different ways and places every day. . .upside down on the couch, hiding under the kitchen table, with a flashlight under your covers, walking through the grocery store . . and even sneaking books when you're supposed to be doing your chores or taking a shower.  I love your love of reading anything and everything . . .except when you find my "love and logic" parenting book and figure out all my secrets!
  3. I am so amazed at your love of learning. . .not many kids will respond to the consequence of "losing your opportunity to go to school!"  Thank goodness I only had to ground you from one day of school and whew it was HORRIBLE!  I love how you come home each and every day excited about all the stuff you learned and excited to do your homework and go back to school the next day!
  4. I've loved watching you discover your abilities and your talents this year.  You have stretched yourself to try new things and experience new adventures.  I love you ability to be so self confident even when it's hard.  You have an amazing sense of perseverance.
Can't wait for another great year!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Beautiful Avonleah! Happy Birthday. We miss being around you Avonleah and your zest for life. Glad you had a special birthday. Kayrena, I had to smile at all of the things you wrote about Avonleah because they are so true. She is an amazing, amazing little girl and I know you are so proud of her. I just noticed the Salt Lake post. Are you by chance in Utah still? One of these days we will catch up with each other. I miss you friend! Can you e-mail me your address? I have something to send you and I have somehow misplaced where I wrote your address down at. Love ya!