Monday, November 14, 2011

Grateful or Not List

 Extra Tall Boot Socks . . .Okay so how many layers can you have on your legs and still not realize that you are wearing a belted shirt not a dress?  Srsly ladies, leggings are not pants and adding extra tall socks are like wearing hooker thigh high boots with a mini skirt. . . .it's weird and a little tacky and yet it draws my attention. . .also what's with this girls hat?  It's like "hello I'm Davy Crockett's girlfriend and I knitted these socks myself so I could wear his old brown shirt and seem really fashion forward instead of walk of shame-ish!"  I'm confused . . .layers are getting out of control! 
 Mustaches . . .okay so I was raised in the country and lots of cowboys had mustaches in fact I have an uncle with one of those awesome mustaches like Sam Elliot . . .but really all this mustache craze is a little unnerving.  Most of the college boys who are growing their "staches" look like 1970 porn stars. . .and for the record do we really need men to spend any more time grooming their metro-sexual selves than they already do.  I'm so tired of all the wind tunnel Justin Bieber hair, mustache wearing, beard styling, waxing, tanning, tight jean wearing men. . .
 Peplum . . I think that is what these dresses were called in the late 80's and to this day I'm still torn on whether they are flattering or not .  My mom made me one of these for Christmas one year (hmmm where is that picture of all of us in our matching dresses?) and I loved it, it seemed classy and fashionable. . .now looking at them I think . . .srsly do we really need to add any more ruffles near our waists and hips?  Just sayin I'm probably not going to be wearing this style anytime soon!
Riding Boots . . . oh how grateful I am that these are finally making a comeback . . .I love love love these, what I don't love is that that are so pricey . . ."Santa Baby just slip some boots right under the tree for me, been an angel all year!"  
 Black Friday?  Really?  Hey let's get over our Thanksgiving gratitude fest with the ultra sensitive sport of Black Friday shopping.  People are completely nuts on this day and it feel like a giant greed fest . . .part of me sits up in my house like the Grinch looking down at all the crazy non who-villers pushing and running and throwing out hundreds of dollars on STUFF and I'm thinking . . ."
“It came with out ribbons! It came without tags!”
“It came without packages, boxes or bags!”
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store.”
“Maybe Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
Okay I'm off my soapbox . . .and listening to my husband try to convince me to wait in line for some television doorbuster at Best Buy  . .how about NO WAY!
 Kool-Aid Color Hair . . .Really folks. . .srsly . . .rainbow brite hair?  What do I say?  Hey nice job at trying to "fashionize" the bozo the clown hair!  STOP IT!
 Child Safe Internet . . .I have super smart and technologically able children, therefore I must find ways to protect them from the big bad internet. . .Thank you K9 for blocking all the yuck, blocking the internet completely during certain hours and keeping my kids and self safe from smut!  And thank you zoodles for finding awesome educational games and fun while controlling where they can and can't go! 
 Retro Lunchboxes -  Oh heavens I am in love, can I please have somewhere besides home to eat lunch so I can pack on of these and reminisce on the days of my Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox with matching thermos. . .hmmm do you think Trapper Keepers and swatches with swatch guards will make a comeback soon?

Cool Super Hero Wear . . .lets face it, none of us girls are really running after that guy who
runs to the comic book store to buy the latest edition of Super-Man, nor do we by any means
condone those ridiculous spandexy costumes (please please please do not wear leggings men nd pretend you look like spiderman).  On the other hand we do want to be swept through the air by Capptain American and kissed upside down by a sexy spiderman in these sweet hoodies!

No comments: