My house was completely silent the other day . . .not something that happens too often with an overly talkative two year old and a super busy six year old. So I went on a hunt for the the "why" behind the quietness. I found Avonleah curled up behind the sofa reading a book very intensely! How cute is that?! I think Aunt Christine used to find Caitlyn hiding and reading all the time, aaahhh we're just keeping it in the family!
She's growing and changing so much lately, it has been a really fun experience . . .okay actually it's been like super hard and super fun all at the same time helping her figure this stage of her life out. She has finally decided to venture into the artistic (drawing/coloring artistic stuff) and has been drawing all sorts of pictures. This from the girl who doesn't really enjoy coloring and usually grabs four or five crayons and puts them all together, colors big circles on everything and says "done!" Don't you love her little smarty scientific mind that actually "labels" all the things! She's so cute! I have really found a new sense of enjoyment by letting her just experience life at her speed instead of mine and allowing her to just be the amazing little person that she is. I think often as parents we want to "control" our kids, so they are manageable, lucky for me Avonleah has taught me that it's all about choices and consequences and all I have power to do is teach her what is right and allow her to experience the consequences of her choices. She is so much high maintenance that I often fall into bed thinking, "please oh please let me sleep in tomorrow so I have enough energy to keep up with her" and then she bounces in at 6 am (on a good morning ;) and I just smile and remember that she is exactly what God knew I needed! What a gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment