Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trains, Crafts, Fancy Outfits and Libraries

 Being a stay at home mom requires a very wide range skill set.  This week I have gotten to stretch myself even further.  I am now a certified train track engineer and can make awesome "monster hills and slides" for the ultimate morning of Thomas the Train and Geo Trax fun!  I also have successfully passed the Thomas identification test (because luckily they print the names on the bottom of them!) and can name all the trains Adelaide owns.
 I have learned to keep a strict code of silence when the outfit Avonleah chooses isn't exactly something I would agree with.  She's also decided she no longer wants bangs and I'm still adjusting to that as well.  But every time I ask her how she feels she looks she replies, "I look awesome!"  and when those words come out of her cute smiling face and she strikes a pose in her rainbow bright outfit I just smile and tell her how much I love her.  If she feels awesome who am I to tell her that I  think her outfit is well. . .kind of cute and kind of ridiculous!
 I am a knowledgeable librarian of children's picture books and junior novels.  I know Junie B. Jones, The Time Warp Trio, Sisters Grimm, American Girls, Magic Treehouse, and of course all 70 million Puppy place Books as well as Piggy and Elephant, Thomas the Train, Pinkalicious, Skippyjon Jones, Olivia, and Pirates Don't Change Diapers.  I spend at least an hour a week at the library letting the girls soak up the wonderful adventure of reading.  Notice Adelaide's rainboots . . .and lack of rain ha ha (I've learned to pick my battles)!
I have also mastered the skill of understanding that a 4x4 is not actual 4 inches by 4 inches and a 2x4 isn't really 2inches by 4 inches.  Of course it only took me 34 years to figure that little gem out . . .srsly what is with the lumber industry . . .I'm still perplexed by this sudden new information.  But besides that I have expanded my crafting skills to using a Cricut to cut vinyl and perfectly rounded squares, I know how to modge podge correctly and did I now make the cutest countdown blocks ever!  

I kind of rock this week as a stay at home mom . . .well it's only Tuesday so anything is possible to be good at for two days in a row right!  I did sleep through my alarm this morning and wake up with a mere 5 minutes to get Avonleah fed, dressed, and out the door. . .see how awesome I am!!  She wasn't even late!  Ha ha I RULE!

1 comment:

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

Avonleah looks SO much like you in her rainbow brite pose . . . can't remember if you were THAT adventurous then but, yeah, probably, huh?