Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Spontaneous Delight?
When I was younger my mom did the whole "Joy School" thing and there was this song called, "Spontaneous Delight" and it said something like this, "it starts in my heart and spreads to my head in a minute or two. . . and mommy and daddy won't go batty if I put on a grin and let the wiggles in, it makes me laugh laugh laugh, giggle giggle giggle til' my funny bone can't help but wiggle with glee, Yesiree! you got it right it's called spontaneous delight." Well let me just say that I believe that this mommy might actually go batty from spontaneous delight because . . .here comes the story . . .on Saturday I was asked to play the piano at a baptism for a little 9 year old boy who is just so amazing. Anyway, he wanted to sing Book of Mormon stories for the closing song and he wanted to do the actions . . .of course there was no chorister and no one was willing to get up and act ridiculous doing the actions so I get up there and do it a Capella with a room full of Catholic Hispanics . . .srsly. So the song goes, "Book of Mormon Stories that my teacher tells to me" and then the piano usually does this drum beat "bum bum" sound. Lo and behold Avonleah snuck over to the piano and just filled in that little "bum bum" sound using random keys for TWO WHOLE VERSES. Was I embarrassed? YES. Did I want to laugh a little? Umm yes. Was I wondering why no one was helping me out with this wild child? YES I DID. And in case you are wondering. . .no I did not beat her and yes I did take away a few prized privileges and I may have done a little lecture yelling. . .So back to spontaneous delight. . .My dear cousin Molli upon hearing this story goes "she is the pure definition of spontaneous delight! You should be so glad to have her!" Perhaps those Catholics will think our baptisms are pretty hip. . .probly not but hey we all could use a little spontaneous delight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment