Sunday, October 2, 2011

Adelaide's Take on President Monson

Frankly I'm a little embarrassed at this post because I'm not sure it's funny or inappropriate but I have to share.  So this past weekend we watched LDS General Conference where we had the opportunity to listen to the words of a living prophet and hear guidance and council from special witnesses of Jesus Christ.  During the final talk President Thomas S. Monson was speaking and Adelaide and I had the following conversation . . .

Me: "Adelaide, who is that speaking on the television?"
Adelaide: "Oh that's President Monson"
Me: "Good job,  Do you know who he is?"
Adelaide: "He's our prophet!"
Me: "Way to go!"

Adelaide: "He looks kind of like a dog!" (she shows her scrunchy face while saying this)
Me: (imagine my shock at this statement and I'm stifling a giggle too) "umm you think he looks like a dog . . .really?  How come?"
Adelaide: "Cuz he has those droppy cheeks things" (she traces the wrinkle lines on her own face)
Me: ----------
I'm at a loss for words. . .what do you say to that . . .

Adelaide: (clearly understanding she may have said the wrong things about our prophet) "But Mom we LOVE dogs!"  

We all just died laughing I mean, what can you say to that?  NOTHING . . .anything I say would have made it worse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is so sweet and wise, to realize and to make it better. Kids are so brutally honest!!! There it is! The innocence of children