Summer is full of lots of downtime and fun adventures . . .it hasn't been especially great weather this year in Washington so we've not gotten to do a whole lot of outdoor extravagance, but we've had lots of fun just being together. My girls went through their toys and donated nearly half of them to local kids who didn't have any and I've decided Adelaide just needs her stuffed animals and a laundry basket to be happy all day long!
We found a really fun local park with so much green and water and spent a whole afternoon just learning to skip rocks and wading in the cool water
Adelaide has adopted the "thumbs up" sign as her mantra. . .when we ask her to do something she just smiles at us and puts her thumb up! (Of course that's only when she's being especially compliant and not sassily saying "no thank you" and running for the hills!
We did get reprimanded for not using the grocery carts appropriately but my shopping trip was awesome because my horse and buggy kept right by my side and was having so much fun! I'll admit that sometimes I forget that I was told not to do this and let them do it anyway, I know I'm a bad example of a parent. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment