Friday, September 2, 2011
Keeping Traditions Alive
I've wanted to take some traditions from my childhood and pass them along and have done a lot of holiday related traditions, but this is something different and special that I'm excited to pass along. My Mom gave me a bracelet when I was 3 years old which I wore until I was 7 and then I got a 2nd bracelet when I was 7 that I wore until I was 13 and finally my current bracelet I received at 13 and have been wearing ever since. It's kind of a fun tradition that I thought I'd pass along. Avonleah is now wearing my 2nd bracelet an since my original first bracelet is in rough condition after Avonleah and I both wearing them I found this amazing Navajo bracelet that fits right in the tradition for Adelaide to start wearing. I'm not sure what I'll do when they need a final bracelet but I guess I should start hunting. The girls love having something that we all share and I love when they are so proud to be wearing something I used to wear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment