Friday, September 2, 2011

Moving . . .

Well my last apartment was frankly a real health hazard because apparently it had been flooded and therefore was water damaged . . .which they conveniently painted over and pretended was not an issue.  And then the mold started coming through the walls and that musty moldy smell started wafting out from the bedrooms. . .of course the landlords said they had no idea why it was doing that and sent a carpet cleaner over to "fix the smell" ha ha ha!  Scott and Avonleah are allergic to mold and started suffering some health problems from it so we continued to push for a solution. . .Finally, on Thursday night they said they had a top unit apartment available if we could move out within a week. . .let's just say I started crying.  I can handle just about anything in life, I mean I've been through some really rough stuff and I handle it quite gracefully, but moving?  No it smacks me down and turns me into an emotional basket case.  Luckily I have some of the most amazing friends who showed up at my door with laundry baskets, boxes, diet coke and chips and within a day I was moved into my new house.  It was so amazing I was just so blessed to have so much help and it was a really smooth transition for my Avonleah who doesn't do so well with change!  So the next time any of ya'll have to move let me know I'll call up my laundry basket brigade and have you in and out in no time!! 

No comments: