Thursday, September 29, 2011

Anyone know about mollusk siphons?

So we've made it nearly a month at school with no major mishaps but this week Avonleah got in trouble for literally "lashing out irrationally" at the little boy who sits by her. So when i asked what happened she said, "my friends and i were playing werewolves and as you know mom, werewolves are allergic to fish and thar darn Angel (the little boy) was trying to hand me imaginary fish and I told him in my important voice NO! but he wouldn't listen and he kept putting fish in my face." 1st off where in the world did she think to play "werewolves?" And secondly twilight never mentioned Jacob's fish allergy *facepalm* Anyway, we spent the next little while role playing how to "ignore people who are being annoying or won't listen even when you use your "important voice."
I tell her to just close her eyes and raise her hand and be quiet until she's called on and she says, "but what am I supposed to do about my ears" so I say, "just let the words go in one ear and out the other" and she goes, "OH like a mollusk with it's siphons." ....uh yeah exactly (here's me googling "mollusk siphons" so I can keep up with my six year old!)

1 comment:

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

Just watch . . . she's gonna start a band called The Mollusk Siphons. I am truly intrigued, and shall now coin the phrase . . . "just mollusk siphon, it, kids!"