We've been really challenging Avonleah to try to play the role of "big sister" a little more "nicely" Something about the girls ages or perhaps their personalities makes getting along a little tricky! I tried to talk to Avonleah about how Auntie Lene and I had a rough time getting along for a long time and now we are really great friends but of course she tells me that Auntie Lene said I used to hit her on the head with the brush when she whined while I was doing her hair . . .ummm thanks for ratting me out Emmalene . . . remember when you chased me with the stick horse and hit the door hard enough to put a hole in it? Just saying it's a two way street you know! So Avonleah has been working really hard to include Adelaide and teach her cool new things and Adelaide has been so excited to have "Avi as her best friend!"
Adelaide and I have been having lots of fun doing preschool arts and crafts and practicing writing letters! She really loved painting this week and was so meticulous. When she'd go outside of the lines she drop her paintbrush and go "Uhhh I can't do it!" in a disgusted tone! She's my little perfectionist! I suppose I should work on telling her more often that it's okay to not be perfect on everything.
Adelaide has not only discovered a great love for Thomas the Train lately but I recorded "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" and she sits absolutely mesmerized by it and begs to watch it daily! She loves the "true love's kiss" and reminds me at the end that "only married people kiss, right mom?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment