Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Birds and the Bees and other fun stuff!

 Anyone wanna help answer these questions?
  • "Mom you know how you said we should wait until we're married to have babies, well how come Mary was pregnant with Jesus before she married Joseph?"
  • "I know that the sperm and egg have to come together in a mom's tummy to start a baby growing, but I just want to know how they actually come together" (imagine me choking on my diet coke!)
Me: "So Avonleah what was your latest Ivy+Bean book about?"
Avonleah: "Um goblin warning"
Me: "Uhhh what's that?"
Avonleah:" You know like where all the ice is melting because the earth is getting hotter and the polar bears are dying"
Me: *stifling a smirk* "oh you mean global warming?"
Avonleah: "Ohhhhh that's what that word was."
Scott : *from the other room* "what kind of liberal garbage are you letting her read?"  (have I mentioned that my husband thinks global warming is a lie)

2 comments:

Marci said...

Too funny...
Sammi was asking me for the 3rd time in like 2 weeks about babies. Jackson was her age when we had the talk...she reacted with "EWWW THAT IS SICK!" And then she wanted to know about Mary and Jesus too! I told her Nate would have to answer that one! Hopefully you can stall her for a few more years...but I don't imagine it will be many! How are you guy's?

Shauna said...

So funny Kayrena! I miss you guys! Too much time goes by in between talking. So, I am pretty sure we won't have to have "this" talk with our oldest until she is like 10. But our youngest, she told me the other day, "Mom, I think Kissing looks fun!" Ahh...you are 4 years old. I guess those Disney Princess movies make it look pretty exciting!