Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Me: Girls do you want chocolate or vanilla protein shakes before bed? 
Avonleah: Oh only chocolate I love love love chocolate (proceeds to dance around singing 'dulce dulce chocolate')!
Adelaide: I want some . . uh . .  buh-nee-ya

Was that supposed to be vanilla?  We may have a bit of a problem with her "V" and "L" sound.  . .but its so cute I'll probably forgo speech therapy all together, I'm sure Buh-nee-ya will sound absolutely adorable coming out of a 16 year old!!!
Avonleah: (yelling from time out) "I'm going to metamorphosis into a butterfly and fly away FOREVER cuz you're a meany meany bossy Mom!

Pretty sure I should let her out of time out just because she knows the word "metamorphosis" and almost uses it correctly!!

Then  . . .Sunday in the middle of sacrament Meeting:
Avonleah: Oh mom, I'm supposed to give a talk and say the prayer in primary
Me: (frantically) WHAT?!  you're supposed to tell me at least a little in advance . . .let's go in the hall and talk about this.
Avonleah: Don't worry about it mom, if you have a picture of Joseph Smith I can just tell that story, I already memorized what Heavenly Father says to him. . .
Me: Ummm OK. . .

And she did just fine. . .I have a feeling this may be one of those people who can cram 15 minutes before walking into a final and ace it. . AAARGG!