Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!


Well I'm sad to say that I have been a sorry excuse for a consistent parent this season.  I have bribed my children with M&M's to take baths, wear pretty dresses and go to bed.  I have promised extra screen time for cleaning rooms and I have fed them popcorn and oranges for dinner on more than one occasion.   I did however fall for the ultimate child manipulation while trying to get last minute supplies at Wal-Mart one evening.  Let me backtrack a little, my girls LOVE that classic "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" movie and have watched it way too many times this year.  Upon trying to get through the checkout at Wal-Mart I notice that Adelaide has a little Rudolph stuffed animal and a book that sings the song (how I failed to hear this prior to this point is beyond me). . .I cannot pry it from her hands, I cannot bribe her with anything and she begins to throw a full on fit and what do I do?   Yes I failed in parenting 101 and bought it and I will pay for this mistake in more ways than one this coming year.  Now not only do I get to hear that blasted Rudolph song 28,000 times a day, I now get to reassert my parenting prowess on our next shopping trip. . .ahhh the joys of parenting! 

No comments: