Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

 FYI - Adelaide hates clowns . . .srsly she cries when they approach her and will not even look at them.  Buying new Halloween costumes was not in the budget this year so thank goodness Avonleah was able to spend the week before Halloween wearing the clown costume and being extra silly because she helped us finally convince Adelaide to wear it!  Isn't she so cute?!  And my darling Avonleah finally decided to be a princess this year. . .I didn't even have to talk her out of Spiderman and Unicorn costumes like every other year!!
 We went to Avonleah's school for a "lame-o" Halloween party, luckily her best friend showed up as Aurora and the Princesses twirled the night away!

 Our church's trunk-or-treat was really fun and even included a "haunted hallway" that Avonleah braved!  Scott wanted greasepaint. . .all I had was shimmer black eye shadow and baby oil. . .worked out okay . . .as long as he didn't stand under a light because I'm pretty sure camouflage paint is not supposed to glitter . . sssshhhh!!

And yes,  I am aware that I do not have a costume. . .thank goodness that Avonleah was gracious enough to bedeck me in her hat and glasses so I could trick or treat in appropriate attire!!! One little kid from Primary said I looked like I was going to a rave. . .I'm pretty sure it's not okay for 9 year old to even know what a rave is so I'll have to keep an eye on him for sure!  And this post is extremely non creative because that's my little sister Ethnee who came to visit for a week so I'm busy playing!!!  Don't you love her 80's jumpsuit!!!

2 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Too cute!!! :) Good job!

Shauna said...

Oh my goodness, your girls are so stinkin' cute in these pictures I can't stand it. I love the costumes you came up with. Seriously, ADORABLE!!!