Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Dad!




My little sister Vanessa called me up the other day and held the phone up to a tape player(you young'ns will have to Google that I'm sure) so I could hear the distinct and embarrassing whine of my 12 year old self crying over my Dad putting a stop to my fake nails application session!  I was actually whining in this annoying voice about how he had ruined "everything."  There are many many reasons why I love my Dad, so many in fact that I can't even begin to list them here, but I am so blessed to have someone who put up with all my drama, all my tears, all my hard times and still gave me a big hug at the end of the day and told me he loved me.  I never had to wonder if he loved me, and although he spent long hours away from home traveling for a job that gave us all the things we needed and lots more hours serving others as the Bishop of our church, he always remembered to make sure I knew that he loved me.  One of my favorite things about being a mother is getting to share my children with my Mom and Dad, they are spectacular Grandparents and they really love my girls.  My Dad secretly snapped these darling pictures when they were visiting and I just love how he really captured Adelaide and the quieter parts of her personality. It's always an amazing thing to see your child through someone else's eyes.  I love you Dad thanks for loving me even when you didn't have to!

No comments: