Avonleah: Dad can I put on my rainboots and play in that swamp puddle in the back yard?
Scott: Sure Honey (as he's falling asleep in the chair)
Avonleah: I can't find my boots so I'll just run in the sprinkler okay . . .I promise I won't get muddyScott: Uh Huh . . .snooze
OOPS . . .she couldn't help herself
Ya'll be proud to know that I didn't freak out in true Kayrena fashion at Scott or Avonleah. . .I am evolving into a "non-helicopter parent" that lets my kids experience the great fun things in life even if it means more laundry, more scrapes and more dirt tracked into my home. Instead we sat outside on the patio and laughed and encourage this amazing girl as she danced and laughed and twirled in the puddle and eventually shook our heads as she literally practiced mud sliding!Adelaide doesn't like sprinklers and mud and water . . .YET . . . but survived the off spray of Avonleah's antics. . . if only I could greet my life with the wild abandon of my delightful 5 year old. . .sigh. I wonder how long I'll have to soak that shirt to get it white again?
2 comments:
There was nothing that made me happier than mud when I was a kid about that age. I told bryan that when we get the yard finished, we still have to have an area for the kids to play in the dirt and mud and all that good stuff. It is so good for them I think, then when they're done you just hose them off.
Happy Birthday Kayrena, hope you had a good one!
Post a Comment