Monday, February 22, 2010

Adelaide's Birthday Party!

Dear Adelaide,
A week ago you turned 1 year or 12 months or 365 days, however you want to count it will be just fine. In fact almost everything you do is just fine by me, you can scream that screeching high pitched scream instead of using words and I'll give you whatever you want because it seriously is painful to endure. You can also throw your food on the floor and say "uh oh all gone" and smile that cute smile and I will just kiss those cheeks because you're so dang cute.
You also decided that you would never ever ever ever sleep in your own bed again. . .I wait patiently until you are sound asleep, snoring and drooling and then ever so carefully try to put you in your bed and you are wide awake within seconds screaming at me. . .how dare I put you in that horrible comfy crib, bad mommy, bad!You have acquired quite the vocabulary and most of it is sadly not very nice, you know how to push your big sister while saying "stop it" you demand things like "up, down, no, stop, and more" and most importantly you have learned how to say, "love you, thank you, and pretty" although most people would need an interpreter I'm sure.
You already have a love of books and dolls and spend long periods of time engrossed in piles of books something your big sister rarely did, I often find myself worried because you are so quiet for a whole 20 minutes. And then you return to your screaming and needing to be all up in my business and my world is righted once again!
Your birthday party was so much fun with Daddy's side of the family and I am forever surprised at your feigned timidity. You took dainty little bites of your cupcakes and then declared "all done" without even getting frosting on your chubby little cheeks.
Your favorite gift was actually a card from Auntie Debra that barked the song Happy Birthday when opened, sadly today I have "lost" it for awhile!
You are delightful and fun and full of so much personality already. I can hardly wait for another year of new discoveries, sloppy kisses, zurburts, temper tantrums, snuggles and laughs. Happy Birthday little stinkerbug! Love, Mommy

More pictures of the Birthday Fun
Balloon Races
M&M Snort
Tom and Scott Balloon Stuffing
Wrestling Matches

No comments: