Friday, January 15, 2010

A New List for 2010

Okay so it's time for a new list of what I love . .. or hate. . .
oh it's so early in the year and already so many train wrecks have been discovered, hold on for a fun ride and let me know what you love or hate depending on how you many be feeling!

I hate that moment when I realized that my super cool video Ipod is soooo outdated, and chunky and not as cool as everyone elses' super slim Ipod touch that does everything but change diapers.

Okay srsly the lower back or back of neck "tramp stamp" tattoo is just overplayed. . .srsly girls please do not stamp yourself with your latest and greatest belief/quest/passion/life calling/love. . .I promise you in 5 years your lamespice decision to get a beautiful butterfly with your boyfriend's initials will be regretted.. .how about we go back to just cutting our hair of going cliff diving when we're feeling particularly crazy. . .just a heads up, but you don't need a tattoo to remember the truly memorable moments of life
While I'm on the tattoo soapbox. . .as much as I love Edward and admit to owning pocket Edward, the new moon board game, two copies of the books, both soundtracks, the movies, etc. . .please please please do not tattoo your twilight obsession or Rob Pattinson's autograph anywhere on your body . . .Edward is fictional ladies!Let me begin by saying that I do not even know what television show this guy is from . . .but apparently he insists on being called, "THE SITUATION" are you kidding me? Please, never ever demand that people call your by some ridiculous nickname. . .I'm gagging right now. .
Do I even need to address this trend? Let's just say that if Scott even showed interest in a pair of colored jeans. . .I might have to consider divorce. . .I lived through the 80's already and they were horrible, i wore the lameface bangs and side ponytails and 50 pairs of mismatched socks. . please please please do not bring them back especially in men's fashion. . .disgust. . .
Okay and then new tie dye jeans trend just looks too much like "oops spilled the bleach when I was doing laundry because I'm totally inept and don't know how to do laundry . . .I'm super hot though so I'll wear them anyway" Do not wear tie dye anything . . .ever . . .unless you are at summer camp or Woodstock.
Every time we get invited over to "play games" I am horrified at the prospect that Settlers of Catan is going to come out. . .let me just share my hatred for this ridiculous game. . .it's horrible and if you don't get off to a perfect start you spend the next two hours hating your life and praying that someone will just win so you can go home. People . . plz can we go back to good old fashioned games like nertz, spoons, pit. . .heck I'd even play scattergories or guesstures instead of this BORING, overly thought provoking game. . .I may have just been blacklisted from dinner/game invites . . .
Srsly ladies are you going to wear a Pocahontas headband with a giant flower on your head? I mean please pray that you don't have to look left when driving because you definitely will have a blind spot and as much as you might secretly think this will look good on you, just tie a rope around your hair and then ask your hubby how you look. . . good in theory perhapsItunes oh how I loathe you . . .for all the things I love about having my Ipod I can find a million more that I hate about Itunes. . .someone somewhere needs to revamp this program so it's not so dang chinchy with your music.
Oh I love me some good old fashioned down home country music. . .I get so sick and tired of hearing crappy new age country by fake cowboys and I can say that because . . .well I did wear real ropers and Rockies in my senior picture. . .oh the embarrassment. . .I should wrangle up a copy of that pictureSocial Networking sites. . .I know I will have everyone all up in my business for saying this but I stand by my guns when it comes to hating facebook and twitter. I firmly believe it's a giant time waster (of course my blogging wastes no time at all!) and if I want everyone to every little thing about me every fifteen minutes I would call myself a little narcissistic. And seriously what's with the stupid facebook life waster games like farmville/mobster/cafe world. . whatever. . .let's get back to face to face chatting, hanging out and spending real time together.I don't have words to explain the confusion I have over these shoes. . .platform/half boot/platform heels/hooker heels.. .what? Please give me something I can actually wear and walk in for more than an hour without feeling like my feet are going to fall off. . .can you imagine chasing children in these. . .let's get realistic designers.
I dread the day when Avonleah asks to watch the Disney Channel. . .those shows are so super freaky annoying that I throw up a little every time I accidentally pause on them while changing channels. . .I have categorized them in the UW (unwatchable) category!
What's on your list?

5 comments:

D and M said...

Love to Hate the same things. We must be related. You are so spot on with every single one of these.

D_

Erica Shurter said...

You're so funny! :) Love your new family picture! :)

Shauna said...

Oh Kayrena, I love your honestly, & you are seriously so funny. I wish I had your sense of humor and your way with words. Things I agree with on your hate list: men's tight colored jeans ( I am pretty sure I don't have to worry about that one with Ben, but I guess you never know), I have never played Settlers but for some reason Ben thinks it is great (I too would probably be bored however), those shoes you posted I was planning on wearing to church on Sunday, but in Scarlet Red, o.k, not really, but I actually don't mind Disney Shows, although I am pretty entertained by anything. Thanks for the laugh & hopefully I will see you tomorrow.

Lexi said...

MY iPod changes diapers...

This post was hilarious.

Laura said...

Oh...love your list. With Settlers of Catan, so true! We played that game, and I LOVED it. Then we played it again another time, I got a crappy start, and was DYING the whole time, wishing something would happen to end the game.

I was JUST telling someone today how hideous the 80's were, and just because skinny jeans and all that garbage is back and being sold on the racks at Old Navy DOES NOT make it cool. I hope to never see another 80's hairstyle or clothing trend as long as I live. Except maybe Aqua Net. That stuff worked miracles for me and my Great Wall of Bangs in 6th grade.