Wednesday, January 13, 2010

11 Months Already?!!

I can hardly believe that in one month my littlest princess will be a year old. Maybe it's because she's reverted to behaviors like not sleeping in her own bed anymore, in fact she wakes up every 2-3 hours thinking I'm the all night milk cafe. When I try to get her to drink some milk from the sippy cup she looks at me with those eyes that say, "not a chance mom, I know you've got magic under your shirt and I'm gonna scream like a wild banshee until I get it. . .oh I woke up my big sister, sorry, should have fed me when I woke up!"
On the other hand she is growing so fast that I miss my little baby. She walks, she points at something she needs or uses her few words of sign language to tell me what she needs. She says several words very well like, "mama, dadda, thank you, up and that" She dances and sings and wants to play with all the big girl toys with Avonleah.
Her scarface is healing quite well, but I'm afraid I may have to purchase the trusty Mederma to make sure I haven't scarred her for life. . .perhaps it will keep the boys away. . hmmm rethinking decision to purchase scar cream.
She has taken a particular interest to pocket Edward. . .she points and demands him whenever she can find him. . it's rather odd but really I think she just likes the way his tasty little head feels in her mouth. . .poor Edward may be sucked bald before the years out.
She is a delightful little angel, okay that may not be true all of the time, but mostly she is. And even if she has separation anxiety and can't let me leave her for even a second, and hangs on to my pant legs if I try to even leave our room to change the laundry, I know this stage won't last forever and soon she'll be telling me how much she hates me and wishes I would just let her do whatever she wants . . .oh I so look forward to the teenage years. . .
For now I'll hold her while she sleeps, I'll feed her a little bit longer and work on weaning next month, and relish in the fact that she thinks I'm amazing, so much so that she wants me to be near me at all times. What a beautiful thing children are.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Seriously I love your writing.

I know what you mean about the whole "magic under the shirt" thing. I don't know how I'm going to wean Parker. I've been telling myself I'll do it "next month" for the last 4 months. I have no idea how it's going to work...

I can't believe she says thank you and that! I know girls are more verbal at a young age, but sometimes I worry when all Parker does is babble constantly. No words except mama, dada, nana, papa. Hmmm... guess first time moms worry about everything, huh?

As far as Pocket Edward goes, if he goes bald, he can always wear that hideous wig that Jacob has.