Sunday, July 12, 2009

1st Real Dentist Visit and Performing Pigs!

Avonleah bravely faced the dentist this week and told me she didn't need me even in the room. So I listened quietly from the adjoining room and here's the conversation that unfolded

Hygienist: "Do you brush your teeth every morning and night?"
Avonleah: "Well sometimes my mom says it's too late and I need to just get in bed and I have to brush them in the morning"
Hygienist: "Do you floss your teeth"
Avonleah: "I tried it a few times and didn't like it so I don't do it anymore!"
Hygienist: "You are all done and you were so brave"
Avonleah: "I know I'm the bravest girl in the world but I think you forgot to do those plastic things that I bite on part. . ."

Seriously. . .could she please not tell the hygenist how to do her job. . .and not tell on me for letting her skip brushing her teeth some nights!
As a reward for her bravery Scott took her on a daddy daughter date to the park to see Valentine's Performing Pigs! When she got home she said, "Mom, they saved those pigs from a bandit and then they made them jump through a flaming hoop!" What she meant was that they rescued these abandoned pigs and the flaming hoop was a flame colored paper hoop! She is so hilarious! What a delightful child I have.

1 comment:

Erica Shurter said...

Don't you just love kids and their honesty! :)