Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Fun!

Last Saturday it was our family's turn to help clean our church building so we packed up the girls and rushed to the church at 9:00 am, (early for us!), and went and tried to teach our girls about service and help instill a good work ethic. Well that backfired because by 9:10 Avonleah had finished helping vacuum (running up and down the halls with the push vacuum) and was laying on the floor crying, "I'm too tired to help, I just need a rest." Seriously (exsasperated sigh). . .well in my tiredness and anger (yes I admit I was angry in the church, don't judge) I told her we would just stay at the church all day until she wiped those blankety blank chair rails. . .after a lot of coaxing and threatening she finally did her job. In an effort to make this a learning experience we explained how great it was to make the Lord's house sooo nice and how service makes us feel good , to which she replied, "But I'm so tired and hungry, I don't like service." I swear I've taught her better than this. . .what a place to show her true colors eh? At least Adelaide looks like she's having fun chilling on the church floor though!
My mom sends Avonleah a package each month with fun things to do so here's her completed Boo Boo Grandma Crafts . . .thank you mom!

Often Avonleah is the one to really get Adelaide laughing and I can't ever seem to catch it on video. . here's the end of a laughing spree, notice that Adelaide has laughed herself into hiccups and of course just like her big sister is more focused on the camera than anything else.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How do I get on Boo Boo Grandma's mailing list? I will pay whatever price required, put me on the list for a five and a three year old.