I was outvoted this year for our yearly trip to the Tulip Festival and instead Scott and Avonleah opted for visiting Ocean Shores. I must say I was a bit confused about going to the ocean when it's cold. I've always associated the beach with sun, swimsuits, sunburns and temperatures over 100, but Scott assured me it would be a blast so off we went and I of course had to pack three different outfits for each day because I didn't know if we'd need shorts, or pants or sweatshirts or maybe even full on rain gear, Washington weather is so fickle! Of course like most vacations there was some initial drama of trying to have fun while the wind was blowing stinging sand and rain at us and then getting stuck on an abandoned beach and having to get towed but in the end we had a lot of fun just being together. The best part was when we were stuck on the beach and Scott was outside spitting cuss words into the wind (just kidding he was really patient wink wink) Avonleah started to doubt her decision to come and said, "I should have chosen the Tulip Festival, this is no fun at all!" But then the sun came out and kite flying was amazing and Avonleah excitedly yelled, "I'm flying my kite all the way up to Heavenly Father!"
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Ocean Shores
I was outvoted this year for our yearly trip to the Tulip Festival and instead Scott and Avonleah opted for visiting Ocean Shores. I must say I was a bit confused about going to the ocean when it's cold. I've always associated the beach with sun, swimsuits, sunburns and temperatures over 100, but Scott assured me it would be a blast so off we went and I of course had to pack three different outfits for each day because I didn't know if we'd need shorts, or pants or sweatshirts or maybe even full on rain gear, Washington weather is so fickle! Of course like most vacations there was some initial drama of trying to have fun while the wind was blowing stinging sand and rain at us and then getting stuck on an abandoned beach and having to get towed but in the end we had a lot of fun just being together. The best part was when we were stuck on the beach and Scott was outside spitting cuss words into the wind (just kidding he was really patient wink wink) Avonleah started to doubt her decision to come and said, "I should have chosen the Tulip Festival, this is no fun at all!" But then the sun came out and kite flying was amazing and Avonleah excitedly yelled, "I'm flying my kite all the way up to Heavenly Father!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What great pictures! I feel like I was there, minus the stinging sand!
Post a Comment