Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Daffodil Festival

Every year the South Sound (that's what the area South of Seattle is known as) celebrates the arrival of the daffodils with a festival! What a glorious display of yellow sunshine and shining hope that the Seattle rains will dissipate sometime soon and Spring will peek through the gloomy gray cloud cover! Saturday we were graced with beautiful weather which we noticed only encouraged the not too attractive show of many white legged Washingtonians walking around in their shorts, socks and sandals! We had fun watching the Daffodil Parade while eating popcorn and goldfish, most of which ended up on the street for the birds, and Scott and I began to worry when Avonleah was cheering for the next wave of cheerleaders, those skirts have gotten a lot shorter since I was in high school and I was hoping she'd be cheering for the band instead. . .I may have to hide my cheerleading pictures in case she's serious about her interest in becoming one.
Avonleah and Shayla trying to share a daffodil
My weekend treats. . .someone gave me a secret bouquet of daffodils and my friend Laura treated me to some forbidden Edward sweethearts!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Can I tell you a secret about those hearts? I had to toss mine out when the chocolate for Easter started rolling in. I know, I'm not a faithful candy Edward fan, but I'm true blue to the Movie Edward to the end!