Saturday, March 28, 2009

Denial or Tiredness?




She's smiling!


While browsing books to put on my library hold list I came upon a book titled, "It Sucked and Then I Cried" by Heather Armstrong. This apparantly is a book about postpartum depression and I laughed in complete agreement to the truth of that title. Many may shrug off the "theory" of postpartum depression but let me tell you something. . .I knew we were in for a little of it in our household when on Tuesday morning at 3:00 am I was watching Twilight for the 3rd time and not feeling one bit makey outey when Scott arrived home from work. In fact I was looking at it and thinking, "there's no way I could ever look as good as that da** Bella, she's wearing a flippin' ugly flannel shirt and still Edward wants her. . ." followed by "maybe if I just eat one more whole bag of red licorice I'll forget that I have to lose all the pregnancy weight and denial will overshadow how overwhelmed I feel at just having to wake up again in like 3 hours and do a whole new day of mother/wife/homemaker." Scott walked in and looks at the television and chuckles and when I don't respond with something like, "don't even laugh at my Edward, I had to just see his Vampire-ish charm just one more time before falling into blissful dreams" he says, "um are you feeling a little depressed?" UH DUH! The light went off and I realized that perhaps the mask of I'm feeling pretty good is cracking a little and I need to be a little kinder to myself while adjusting. OR MAYBE I'M JUST TIRED AND NEED A GOOD LONG NAP AND A BIG DIET COKE. . .we'll see what tomorrow feels like!! But look at my cute girls. . .how can I feel depressed when they are so delightfully amazing!

4 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

How cute! Your girls are such dolls!

Yes, I do remember that four wheeler flipping... good times! You won't believe the pictures I found at my parents house of us and your siblings!!! I will scan them this week and email them to you!!! they are great!

Anonymous said...

Take two diet cokes and call me in the morning!!

Dr. Gillespie

Laura said...

Girl, I'm going over there and picking you up and we're going to do some real girl time (plus 5 kids...does that still count?) with a mega case of Diet Coke, a box of chocolate donuts, and a bunch of chick flicks and we are going to drown our tears away. :) I am SO feeling your pain, I've been there sister. Let's go on a date. Soon. We both need it. Now let's get our husbands to agree...

curly girl said...

I want to hug you and give you a nap and a great big diet Coke...