
Scott and I haven't always made the best choices in our lives and we have a few remaining "reminders" from our wilder days. We try to always be "appropriately honest" with Avonleah when she questions us about things like Scott's tattoos or other things we hope she will avoid, so she can hopefully learn from our mistakes.
So when Avonleah asked Scott about his tattoos he told her that he colored on himself and that he had to repent and ask Heavenly Father for forgiveness for not treating his body with better respect. The other day he took her to the local park and while she was playing with a little girl who had a few stick on tattoos on her arm he overhears the following.
Avonleah: "Did you ask Heavenly Father to forgive you for coloring on yourself?"
Little Girl: "Are you speaking Spanish?"
Apparently we need to work on her missionary approaches!

I have been blessed with a very content and sleepy child this time around and we hardly ever hear a peep out of her even if Avonleah hugs her too tight or smothers her or tries to dress her up like a princess when I'm not looking. Little Adelaide just goes with the flow of things nicely and I feel really fortunate that Avonleah has eased nicely into her role as a loving big sister. Last Monday Night Avonleah welcomed her to our family with a song written especially for the ocassion. I wish I could have recorded it but it was just this impromptu performance that she refuses to repeat so "welcome, welcome Adelaide, we love you."

On Saturday we went on a family outing to this crazy furniture wearhouse place that was like a shopping experience and county fair all rolled into one. We enjoyed free cider and popcorn and they just happened to have free old time pictures, so we dressed up and had a good laugh. Here is proof that no amount of fancy feather boas are going to cover up just how tired I really feel!
2 comments:
Too cute! :)
Can I just say how much the Murray family loves you!! I am laughing (and yet SOOO Understanding!) at your sweet motherhood experiences! Your family is incredibly beautiful. Georgeous pics Miss Kayrena!
Post a Comment