Friday, January 9, 2009

I was feeling ultra unambitious on Friday and spent an extra hour laying in bed convincing myself to just get up and get the day started! I couldn't decide if I was tired, or emotional or both or maybe I was experiencing pre-postpartum depression. . .okay that sounds ridiculously dramatic but that's really what I felt like. As I lay there, my not so little anymore, Avonleah in her usual caring and happy self was showering me with stuffed animals and kisses and dressing up and singing and dancing to make me smile and laugh.
I snapped a few pictures because only Avonleah would think to put on a Cinderella dress, a pirate bandana, a funky belt and then hop on her stick horse and pretend to be a pirate princess! She is definitely a little miracle light in my life and I cannot help but feel joy as I look into those big blue eyes of her. Okay I admit at times that joy is masked by utter dismay and frustration but the joy is still there. As the time draws near to add another little girl to our family I am so excited because I have been so blessed.
She wanted me to add this picture because she says, "I look so good in my CTR 5 dress and my very own church bag, I want Boo Boo Grandma and Papa to see me!" Here's for you mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, little one, I saw your dress. It is so cute, kind of like you! I miss you and love you.

PAPA

The Edens said...

Hey Betts!!! What a cute girl. She is so grown up. Keep us posted on the new baby girl. They are wonderful.
Heather